Make a bean bed
Bean sprouts love to grow in the dark – so make your seeds a bed to sleep in!
Ask an adult to help you get together these things:
- empty plastic tray (like a blueberry or tomato tray)
- slightly larger cardboard fruit or vegetable tray (or a plastic one covered with paper)
- mung bean seeds
- strainer or colander
- small bowl
- cotton wool
- small watering can or jug
- large plastic sandwich bag
- dark trash bag
- safe scissors
- felt tips
WARNING: Keep plastic bags away from babies and small children.
- Download your own 'Make a bean bed' instructions here (4 Mb)